0 Replies Latest reply on Feb 11, 2014 5:41 AM by heidisagat

Unique number from four relationships

heidisagat

Title

Unique number from four relationships

I have two databases who are related. Invoice and orders.

In Invoice i use relationship 1 for order number 1 which lookup 4 fields: number, text, format and amount.

For order number 1 can there be up to 5 lines with text for text, format and amount.

relationship 2 for order number 2 lookup the same fields. For order number 2 is there only 1 line for text, format and amount.

relationship 3 for order number 3 lookup the same fields. For order number 3 is there only 1 line for text, format and amount.

relationship 4 for order number 4 lookup the same fields. For order number 4 is there only 1 line for text, format and amount.

i need to validate that order number is unique, regardless if the number is set in order number 1, 2, 3 or 4.

I have made a related database (invoice orders)  where a second field (OrderID) set to auto enter calculation "order number".

I have a portal in invoice with the fields "order number", "text", "format" and "amount".

When a new order number is set, a new order is made in my "invoice orders".

The problem is that i sometimes need to get more lines for order number 1.

See images what i mean.

Skjermbilde_2014-02-11_kl._14.24.57.png