AnsweredAssumed Answered

Unlocking File Access

Question asked by Mountain-Laurel on Oct 20, 2008
Latest reply on Oct 28, 2008 by Mountain-Laurel

Title

Unlocking File Access

Hi all.

I have a question about modifying files. Our facility has File Maker Pro v6.4. I am newer to the company, so I don't know anyone involved with installing the program or setting up the files, but I believe they then purchased a custom set of files for our nursing dept to use for documentation. I further believe that these files were a separate purchased product from a secondary vendor. Our company has changed names, so I need to get into the files and fix the header for each page to read our new corporate title. I've tried reaching the fellow in Connecticut whose name is on file for building the different files in the program, but his number is no longer in service and we don't know where to contact him.

So that's the back story. What I need to do is find a way to unlock the file security password so I can edit the headers and be done and in legal compliance with state regulations. Is there a product or does someone offer a service which will perform this?

And/or is there a way to copy the files off somehow and make our own which work? I am not up on File Maker Pro or what programming language it uses, though I am experienced in writing programs for TradeStation using EasyLanguage and different C variants for the Blocks program offered by the Worden Brothers.

Any help with this would be greatly appreciated.

Outcomes