1 Reply Latest reply on Sep 15, 2009 8:24 AM by philmodjunk

Unsupported Printers

parlberg

Title

Unsupported Printers

We just replaced an HP Deskjet printer with a Kodak All-in-one printer.  Now, I can't print any forms out of my FM Pro app.  Has anyone heard of this?

Background and other details:

Still running FM Pro v5.  Kodak Printer is an EPS 9.  We've never had problems or issue with HP Products.  (Procurement wants to save a few $ with the Kodak line)  Running Windows XP Pro SP3.  Kodak support says they support printing from Windows & Office, but we should be looking to FileMaker to support printing on their printer.

My guess is that we should be upgrading to FM Pro 10, and that will solve our problem.  I'm thinking we'll bite the bullet and replace the Kodak with an HP.

• 1. Re: Unsupported Printers
          philmodjunk

Keep in mind that FMP 5's days are numbered. As OS systems continue to upgrade, older versions of software become incompatible. It's usually much less expensive to be a bit pro-active and upgrade your DB to the latest rev before an OS upgrade forces you to.

It might be well worth downloading a trial copy of FMP 10 and experimenting with a copy of your current DB to see how cleanly it would upgrade.