AnsweredAssumed Answered

Unwanted duplicates of parent records

Question asked by EmelieLeht on May 13, 2014
Latest reply on May 14, 2014 by philmodjunk

Title

Unwanted duplicates of parent records

Hi,

Problem:Creation of child-record through a portal in the grandparent layout creates an extra, related, parent-record in the parent-portal on the same layout. How can I avoid this?

I have stock/order/purchase data base system to keep track of ordered and produced articles. These articles have all got a varying number of related documents.

I am at the moment trying to build a layout for a purchase order (grandparent) where you first state the articles you want to purchase through a portal. This creates the purchase-item-record (parent) with information gahtered from a related articles-table.

Finally I want to be able to choose which of each articles' related document I want to include in the ourchase order. This is done through a second portal, also on the grandparent layout, where a purchase-doc-record (child) is created. The information on related documents are garehterd from another table containing this information.

Adding records to the article-portal (parent) haven't been a  poblem bus as soon as I add a record of a related document (child) this creates an extra related parent record. And this happens even though I have not allowed creation of records child -> parent. This phenomena pnly occurrs when I work through the portals on the grandparent layout. If I create a record directly in the purchase-doc table this doesn't create an extra parent record, so I figure there is something spooky with the portals here that I can't fugure out.

Any help is mostly welcome!

Best, Emelie

Outcomes