Update matching records
I am a new user to Filemaker Pro. I have Version 10 and am using Windows XP, Service Pack 3.
I am trying to start up our database and I must say that Filemaker has been pretty user-firendly so far to someone who isn't very technology-oriented, like myself.
My question is: How can I import records to my existing database and have Filemaker Pro eliminate the duplicates?
Sounds simple enough, but I've run into a road block.
- So I have my current database
- I clicked on "Import Records (File...)" from the File menu up above
- I chose the Excel spreadhseet of additional records that I would like to add
- The next prompt was "Specify Excel Data" and I chose "Display Worksheets" as opposed to "Display named ranges," and hit "Continue..." Not sure why I did this, but it seemed like a better option.
- The next prompt was "Import Field Mapping." I clicked on "Import matching records in found set" and hit "Import..."
- This is where it tells me "At least one pair of matching fields must be specified for the 'Update Matching Records' Option"
- I don't know HOW to specify one pair of the matching fields.
Can anyone help with this?
Thanks so much.