5 Replies Latest reply on Jul 6, 2011 12:58 PM by philmodjunk

Updating a value list

JantzSelk

Title

Updating a value list

Hey Everyone, I have a problem with getting a value list to update when i update it's associated table. The value list is linked to the table named "formula line items". This table then looks up the information from the original "ingredient" table. Everything looks to be in order but for some reason the value list is not updating when new ingredients are added to the "ingredient" table. If anyone could help me out with where i might be going wrong it would be appreciated!   

• 1. Re: Updating a value list
          philmodjunk

Exactly what options did you specify when setting up this value list? (There are several possible causes depending on what options are specfied here.)

• 2. Re: Updating a value list
            JantzSelk

Here are the options i have selected for each of the parts.

Value list

-"display data from" -->FormulaLineItems::Ingredients

-Use Values from Field:" --> FormulaLineItems::Ingredients

FormulaLineItems::Ingredient

- auto-enter --> "looked up value" --> Ingredient::IngredientName

- Validation --> "Member of value list" --> "Ingredients"

Ingredient::IngredientName

- Validation --> not empty

Hopefully this breakdown makes sense on the options that have been chosen for each part of my problem. 

• 3. Re: Updating a value list
              philmodjunk

If "display data from" is FormulaLineItems::ingredients, then picking a value from the value lists modifies a value in the ingredients table, not in the Formula Line Items table you mentioned in your first post. That would not appear to be what you need here.

• 4. Re: Updating a value list
                JantzSelk

I'm not sure what other options i have to use in the "display data from"...What would i use to make the value list display from the formula line items instead of the ingredient table?  

• 5. Re: Updating a value list
                  philmodjunk

Never mind, I misread your post. "Display from" looks to be specifying the correct table and field. (My brain somehow transposed the two table names when I read this.)

If you want a change in ingredients table to change the values listed in the value list, Use values from should list values from the ingredients table instead of from the Formula Line Items table.