1 Reply Latest reply on Sep 25, 2013 8:54 AM by philmodjunk

Updating records with data in other fields

KarenThurman

Title

Updating records with data in other fields

I am a photographer and new to FM and the whole database creation process. I am looking to manage the process of exposing, developing and printing my films. I am able to record the images shot on a particular roll and now need to be able to find the relevant frames and to then append the development data - developer type, fixer, time etc. to those records.

Grateful for any info on how I might go about that?

Thanks

Karen 

• 1. Re: Updating records with data in other fields
          philmodjunk

How is your database currently designed? What tables, fields, relationships do you have for "recording the images shot on a particular roll"?

Finding the "relevant frames" will depend on you you set that up. You can certainly specify information that identifies a specific roll and frame in a find request and then perform that find to locate a record for that specific Frame if each frame is a different record in a table.

"appending the relevant data" could be simply a case of defining a set of fields in the Frame table where you enter that information or you may need to set up a related table for it. It depends on whether you need to enter this data once for each frame (Or roll) or whether you will be printing the frame repeatedly and recording the info on how you did it each time.