5 Replies Latest reply on Jun 30, 2011 1:58 PM by BretMiller

Use Button to Run a Script that will create a record and copy a field in a seperate table

BretMiller

Title

Use Button to Run a Script that will create a record and copy a field in a seperate table

I have a database that contains customer information.  I need the ability to look through my records in form or list view and click a button next to any record that will include this record in a new table that i am using to produce a mailing list.  I know how to edit the layouts and put in the button, and I have the table for the mailing list created such that if I create a new record by hand and type in the account number, all of the fields that I need get populated from the original record.  But what I do not know how to do is write the script that will create a new record in the mailing list table and copy the account number from the record i selected and paste it in the account number field in my mailing list table.

If anyone feels like earning bonus points, and who doesn't? I also have a field for recording the date that the Customer was added to the Mailing list.  10 points if you can throw in the script to populate that field when the button is clicked as well.