3 Replies Latest reply on Feb 28, 2014 8:52 PM by TKnTexas

Use FM to fill up existing PDF form

MikiNgin

Title

Use FM to fill up existing PDF form

Hi ,

I have a set of standard forms from the government and institutions in PDF format (usually in numerous pages).

Can I use FM to execute the auto-filling?

In the past , I used the PDF file as a underlying canvas on NUMBERS with tables over it to do the auto fill.

Need your advise. Thank you.

bbbbbb.png

• 1. Re: Use FM to fill up existing PDF form
          TKnTexas

If I understood, you put the data in NUMBERS and printed onto a blank PDF form?  Or did a merge to the PDF?

I have put the fields of a form into a database.  I scanned the blank form and positioned the form onto a layout.  I put the fields on the form such that they could print out a completed form.

• 2. Re: Use FM to fill up existing PDF form
            MikiNgin

Yes , I put the date in NUMBERs and print onto a blank PDF form.  No merge.

However NUMBERS lack the capability to general nice report and other functions like "containers" etc

Thus i hope to know if FM is able to auto fill existing PDF forms?

• 3. Re: Use FM to fill up existing PDF form
              TKnTexas

If you scan the form, it can be that background to a layout.  Position the forms on the top.  If you want to print to blank paper that would be all you do.  If you want to put blank forms in the printer, delete the background leaving just the fields.  Some tweaking is necessary.