Use Found Count in Calculation
I would like to display a % calculated value in a subsummary report based a summary field in the layout and the found count of a related table.
The sub summary report is "Ranking of Issues" It is based on the table Join_Issues_Mentioned.
The numerator is a summary field "Summary_Count_Issues" which counts "Issues Mentioned" in the Join_Issues_Mentioned table.
For each row in the sub summary report, I want to divide the count by the Found Count of records in a related table, "Surveys."
Count of Issues Mentioned by the found count of records in a related table - Surveys
This is a rough summary of the steps I think are needed.
- Go to Surveys layout that includes a portal showing Issues Mentioned from the Join_Issues_Mentioned table
- Enter Find Mode
- Go the field "Issues Mentioned" in the first portal row.
- Enter an asterisk to find only those surveys that have at least one issue assigned.
- Perform Find
- Get the found count
- Store the found count
- Go to Layout "Ranking of Issues" which is based on the Join_Issues_Mentioned
- Use the Found Count to calculate and display the % each issue represents of the Surveys that have at least one Issue assigned.
- Note: The Count is a summary field in Join_issues_Mentioned = Count of Issues Mentioned.
So far, I have not been able to make this work.
Hopefully, the attached screenshot will clarify this. Is it possible to do what I'm trying to do? Should I be using a global field or a variable? The screenshot shows part of the layout and the % shown is forced just to illustrate what I'm looking for.