AnsweredAssumed Answered

Use GetMap function with updated field names?

Question asked by JustinKaiser on Sep 18, 2014
Latest reply on Sep 18, 2014 by schamblee

Title

Use GetMap function with updated field names?

I’m using the FM 13 contacts starter solution as a starting point to build my own contacts database. I'm using FM 13 Advanced.

I’ve set up my new Mailing Address fields like this:

Address 1 Street
Address 1 Street 2
Address 1 City

Address 2 Street
Address 2 Street 2
Address 2 City

Address 3 Street
Address 3 Street 2
Address 3 City

Unfortunately, I've lost the map generating functionality when I changed the field names for my mailing addresses. I can’t get the custom GetMap function to work correctly with my new field names.

Even after reading the thread here (GetMap Function in FMP 12 Contacts) I’m still stumped.

The attached screenshot shows how I’ve updated the parameters of the GetMap function to with my new Address field names.

However when I put this same function in a calculated field, the result is: 

http://maps.google.com/maps/api/staticmap?center=Address 1 Street+Address 1 Street 2+Address 1 City+Address 1 State+Address 1 Zip+Address 1 Country&&sensor=falsezoom=14&markers=Address 1 Street+Address 1 Street 2+Address 1 City+Address 1 State+Address 1 Zip+Address 1 Country&size=331x343&maptype=roadmap

The function seems to be evaluating the field names as text, not pulling the data from the fields.

In layout view the Web Viewer doesn't appear at all.  No empty box or anything.

I have filemaker Pro Advanced and have looked at the details in the custom function, and even in there it seems that every thing should be working correctly. Though, I do confess, I don’t completely understand everything that’s going on in there.

Any Ideas on how I can get the GetMap custom function to work with my new field names?

Thanks for any help. :)

Screen_Shot_2014-09-18_at_9.29.11_AM.png

Outcomes