0 Replies Latest reply on Sep 6, 2011 2:51 PM by wadef

Use of Tab character to select item from drop-down list

wadef

Title

Use of Tab character to select item from drop-down list

I'm running FMP 11.0v3 on a mac mini.

I have a field (G_View_Security) which is set up with a drop-down list of Security Names and a script that is triggered to OnObjectExit (or with OnObjectModify).  When I select a name from the pull-down list by mouse-clicking on a name, or by typing the first few characters of a name followed by the Return or Enter keys, the contents of the field are correctly set to the selected name when the trigger is activated. 

However, if I select the Security Name by typing a few keystrokes followed by the Tab key to select the highlighted name, the contents of the field are unchanged (even though the trigger is activated)!  The Tab character does not appear to cause the field to be updated from the pull-down list.

Because I use the Tab key frequently to move between different fields in my layouts, I'd really like to find some way to make the Tab key have the same effect as the Return & Enter keys - otherwise I have to remember which field I'm in before I use a key to move to the next field.  Can it be done?

Wade