2 Replies Latest reply on Apr 26, 2011 3:36 AM by lamp

user access to only one record

lamp

Title

user access to only one record

Dear All,

I have a restricted user can see only his record. The problem is when the user login as his account he can see how many records are in Details Table. All records have "no access" except the one he has access.

Is there any way the user shouldn't see any record he doesn't have access? He should see only his record.

Please let me know if you need more information

Thanks

Lamp

• 1. Re: user access to only one record
          philmodjunk

I'm not sure I understand the question. If all the other records are "no access" then he won't be able to see any of the other records. Do you want the found count info in the status area to hide the fact that there are other records in the table? That can't be done, but you can hide/lock the status area and then put your own fields at the top of the layout for this that do.

Do you want to keep the user from seeing "No access"?

Any find performed will automatically exclude the "no access" records. You just need to perform a find as part of your opening script to eliminate them from the current found set for you user. You can use File Options to set up a script to be performed each time the file is opened. That keeps the "no access" records from view except when the user selects Show All Records or Show Omitted only. To keep those options from bringing up "no access" records requires using FileMaker advanced to install a custom menu where you use scripts in place of Show All Records and Show Omitted Only that continue to conceal the "no access" records.

• 2. Re: user access to only one record
            lamp

Dear PhilMidJund,

Thanks a lot for reply. Your reply coverd my question. I apprecaite that.

Thanks

Lamp