2 Replies Latest reply on Mar 13, 2012 9:08 AM by johnhorner

User Account Persists After File is Closed

johnhorner

Title

User Account Persists After File is Closed

i am encountering a strange issue.  i am using fm pro adv 11 and i have a solution which incorporates the data separation model.  the user interface is set to open using a default anonymous user with a privilege set allowing the bare minimum for the user to execute a scripted login with their own account name and password.  this all works fine.  the issue i am having is that even when all the windows are closed (the only way i know to check this is to look at the windows menu and see that there are no windows listed... is there a better way?) and the file is, therefore, presumably closed, if the file is re-opened, it no longer logs in using the "login" account specified in file options, but opens using the previous user's account.  the workaround is to quit filemaker altogether and re-launch, but i would like to avoid this if possible.  is there a way to "clear" or "deactivate" the previous user's account?

• 1. Re: User Account Persists After File is Closed
          philmodjunk

"Account" settings are not retained by the application. They are stored with each file. There is a known issue with the windows menu on Windows systems where the windows menu fails to list all files that are open so this is not a perfect test for which files are still open, unfortunately. Thus, the file may still be open even though it is not listed.

• 2. Re: User Account Persists After File is Closed
            johnhorner

thanks phil.... after tinkering with this for a bit, i discovered that if i insert a "close file" script step (a step i was previously unaware of... i kept looking for window related steps that would find or close the "hidden" windows) into the closing script for the user interface and specify the data file, then it took care of the problem.  i should have spent a little more time tinkering... sorry for being so lazy!