2 Replies Latest reply on Apr 22, 2011 11:27 AM by BrentHedden

User Manual Recommendation Request

Tbear

Title

User Manual Recommendation Request

I have been tasked with using FMP 11 to set up a contact management file. I have a grand total time with using FMP 11 of 1 month during which I've taken both Lynda.com courses, the hands-on tutorial that came w/ the program and most of the hands-on exercises in Ray Cologon's book for FMP 10 (from the library). 

I need to buy my own reference manual/book but I need recommendations re: THE best book to purchase. Anyone?

P.S. I'm OK on PC's and have brand new everything (hardware/software) for this project but I'm a relational database rookie unless you count MS Works database component relevant experience - I knew that program very well.

• 1. Re: User Manual Recommendation Request
          philmodjunk

THE best book depends on your personal skill set when it comes to working with computers, relational databases and FileMaker. You may want to search out titles in a site like Amazon and check out the reader reviews to get a better idea as to which is most appropriate for you.

• 2. Re: User Manual Recommendation Request
            BrentHedden

Like Phil mentioned, it's a preference that depends on your level of understanding. 

But I can give a great recommendation - http://www.fmptraining.com/

Jerry Robin is an amazing presentor and teacher.  I've taken some of his classes in the past and have helped a great deal. 

If you're looking specifically for a physical book, then this won't help you much.  But it you wanted good overall training, this would be a great resources.