AnsweredAssumed Answered

User with Full Access account cannot edit records from one machine, but can on another

Question asked by arseeber on Jan 12, 2009
Latest reply on Mar 4, 2009 by TSGal

Title

User with Full Access account cannot edit records from one machine, but can on another

I have a user on Filemaker Pro 8 accessing a database that is on a remote server setup with Filemaker Server Advanced 9.  The account is authenticated within the filemaker database the user is accessing (not an external auth server).  When accessing the database from his home pc he can access the database just fine and make whatever changes, additions necessary.  When he logs in from his pc desktop at work, it logs in fine, but he cannot click in fields to enter data (for example, in search mode to find a particular record, etc.).  I have tried installing whatever updates were available, uninstalling and reinstalling (both using the windows control panel add/remove software and the uninstaller provided on the cd) and still the same problem.  I'm guessing there's either a preference setting that got changed on one machine and not on the other or a preference file that got corrupted?  Are there files that do not get removed in the uninstall process?  It seemed the main prefs file was removed since upon reinstall, the non-standard username setup through preferences disappeared and had to be re-entered.

Any help would be much appreciated. 

Outcomes