AnsweredAssumed Answered

Using a calculated table::field source address in Set Variable or Set Field script

Question asked by wadef on Mar 29, 2010
Latest reply on Mar 30, 2010 by wadef

Title

Using a calculated table::field source address in Set Variable or Set Field script

I'm new to databases & am trying to use FMP 11 to manage several different investment accounts.

Because I have several different accounts, each to be populated with many years of history, I want to keep them in separate tables.  I've been able to script a report that summarizes the current holdings of an account, and I can run it on each account independently.  I'm trying to script a loop that allows me to select one account (table) after another and summarize each in turn.

I've set up a list (in another table) of accounts and can navigate from account to account using a variable in a "Go To Layout [$AccountLayout]" statement.  I then do a Find to select a subset of records and go to the last record found.  This works fine.  However, when I try to pick a field of data from that record, I can't figure out how to specify the source table::field in a Set Variable command (the table changes with each different $AccountLayout).  I can't seem to figure out how to set up a calculated string that works as the source table/field.  Is it even possible to use a calculated string to enter as the source table/field in a Set Field or Set Variable command?  

I've tried a Copy/Paste operation which simply operates on the current record, but all of the data gets pasted into a single field in the target record - not too helpful.  How else can I get the data from a calculated table/field address into some variable so I can store it in my report.

Thanks for any help you can give me.

Wade

Outcomes