3 Replies Latest reply on Jul 2, 2010 10:01 AM by fitch

Using a Signature Pad

Pickmedc

Title

Using a Signature Pad

How do you capture an image directly into filemaker from a signature pad?

• 1. Re: Using a Signature Pad
          andruziwa

the only way I have found to do this so far is to use the multitouch mousepad on a mac laptop.  you can purchase "autograph" from tenone, install it on the laptop ($8 i think), and then bring up a signature dialog that can be pasted directly into a container field.  you have to play around with the settings in autograph, select jpg not png.

i researched alot for Macs and until Autograph came out, I couldn't find any companies selling signature capture devices for mac.

now with iPhone, you can also sign from your iPhone directly into a document on your mac but it doesn't allow you to sign directly into a container field yet.  not sure if that will happen any time soon.

there might be ways to do it on a PC but i'm not familiar with them.

Andru Ziwasimon MD

• 2. Re: Using a Signature Pad
            fitch

I've worked with the eSign plugin from Productive Computing but their site seems to be broken at the moment.

http://www.productivecomputing.com/plugins/esign-signature-capture-id-61/

It's Windows-only and supports specific hardware. It was fairly easy to implement.

• 3. Re: Using a Signature Pad
              fitch

Update: the site is working now.