3 Replies Latest reply on May 28, 2015 9:14 PM by priyankjayna

using a table in form view

priyankjayna

Title

using a table in form view

hi i am a dentist trying to use filemaker for my patient database....

-have made a database and a form for adding patient data.

-also made a work done database with the fields

date, work done, compliance, next appointment date, next appointment time........

-now i wish that everytime patient comes i enter the following data in the work done tabof the form but in form of a  table

date, work done, compliance, next appointment date, next appointment time.......

-now these enteries can be multiple for each patient and should be scrollable.

am attaching pic of what i need(work done need.jpg)

work_done_needed.jpg

• 1. Re: using a table in form view
          nolak37

Hi

If I understand correctly you basically have a table for Patients in which you collect the patient demographics (name, dob, address, etc) and you want to track the work done every time a patient comes in.

For this to work properly you need to create another table and a one to many relationship, meaning that one patient can have many encounters or visits.

Your first table, (we can just call this the patients table) should have an ID field that stores an ID number for the patient, this can be set to be automatically created or you can manually enter it if you are already using identifier numbers on your paper charts.

The second table can be named Encounters for example and should contain the fields for: ID with auto enter id serial number, id_patient date, work done, compliance, next appointment, next appointment time

On the relationship area of the manage database create a relationship from the id field of the patients table to the id_patients field in the encounter table and set the option to "Allow creation of records in this table" for the encounter side

Now on your layout add a portal with the information for encounter and you are set.

• 2. Re: using a table in form view
            nolak37

Hi

If I understand correctly you basically have a table for Patients in which you collect the patient demographics (name, dob, address, etc) and you want to track the work done every time a patient comes in.

For this to work properly you need to create another table and a one to many relationship, meaning that one patient can have many encounters or visits.

Your first table, (we can just call this the patients table) should have an ID field that stores an ID number for the patient, this can be set to be automatically created or you can manually enter it if you are already using identifier numbers on your paper charts.

The second table can be named Encounters for example and should contain the fields for: ID with auto enter id serial number, id_patient date, work done, compliance, next appointment, next appointment time

On the relationship area of the manage database create a relationship from the id field of the patients table to the id_patients field in the encounter table and set the option to "Allow creation of records in this table" for the encounter side

Now on your layout add a portal with the information for encounter and you are set.

• 3. Re: using a table in form view
              priyankjayna

thanks yoshi, you are right on spot with that answer..... thanks for the help