AnsweredAssumed Answered

Using barcode batch scans to search for and edit multiple records

Question asked by TamaraMiller_1 on Jun 12, 2012
Latest reply on Jun 12, 2012 by philmodjunk

Title

Using barcode batch scans to search for and edit multiple records

Hi PhilModJunk,

I read a post you wrote about how to set up a script to enter a batch of barcodes into a global field within a FMP database and then parse out the individual scans into individual records (Barcoding and batch processing). There weren't specific details about how to do this, and I'm wondering if you can possibly help me to figure out how to set up that script. I work in an academic lab that generates lots of plants that get transferred to a greenhouse after being assigned a barcode. We have an Intelliscanner barcode scanner that allows us to scan multiple barcodes and then enter them into the computer. When we go to harvest all the plants we need to edit information about them all as a group. It seems that to achieve this I would have to write a script to search for multiple barcodes that the scanner enters, but I'm inexperienced with FMP and writing scripts so any advice from an expert would help.

If you could help, or even direct me to a source where I could learn how to write the script, I would be most appreciative.

Outcomes