AnsweredAssumed Answered

Using case function with portal data

Question asked by JanetLui on Jan 5, 2015
Latest reply on Jan 5, 2015 by philmodjunk

Title

Using case function with portal data

I have a database where the outcomes of phone calls (field labeled ContactOutcome) are recorded within one portal (table: Booster Calls) on a specific layout, and I would like to use a case function to calculate the date of completion in a field (B1Complete) on a separate layout. For example, for this ContactOutcome field, the possible responses in the portal are "attempt 1", "attempt 2", "V1 completed", "V2 completed". A date is associated with each portal row, but I only want to pull the date when it is "V1 completed". If it does not have "V1 completed", I set it to put in "Incomplete."

My issue is that the case function seems to only be looking at the top portal row to generate the B1Complete entry. Is there a specific way that I can set up my calculation to look at all rows in a portal, or is there another way I can do this?

Here is my original calculation:

B1Complete = Case (Booster Calls::ContactOutcome = "V1 completed" ; (Booster Calls::Date) ; Booster Calls::ContactOutcome  ≠ "V1 completed" ; "Incomplete")

I attempted to input this to see if the brackets [1-5] would indicate a search in the first 5 portal rows but that didn't work:

B1Complete = Case (Booster Calls::ContactOutcome[1-5] = "V1 completed" ; (Booster Calls::Date) ; Booster Calls::ContactOutcome[1-5]  ≠ "V1 completed" ; "Incomplete")

Any thoughts or suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Outcomes