AnsweredAssumed Answered

Using Current Date in a Script (Filemaker Pro 9)

Question asked by StillLearning on Nov 2, 2009
Latest reply on Nov 3, 2009 by StillLearning

Title

Using Current Date in a Script (Filemaker Pro 9)

Hello everyone. I'm using Filemaker Pro 9 on a Mac (OS X 10.6.1) and I'm trying to create some kind of Reminder (To Do List) for myself. I'm pretty good at setting up a database, but I'm having a difficult time with a script.

I want to create a script that looks at my list of tasks and shows me the ones that are overdue. Apparently I'm not understanding how to use Get(CurrentDate). Here is what I have:

Go to Layout ["Overdue Tasks" (Weekly Tasks)]

Go to Field [Weekly Tasks::Date Due]

Enter Find Mode [Pause]

Set Field [Weekly Tasks::Date Due < Get(CurrentDate)]

Perform Find [] 

Needless to say, it does not work. It takes me to the correct layout and puts the cursor in the correct field and stops. The only option then is to click "cancel" or the "continue" button for Scripts. And that gives me a box that says: "There are no valid criteria in this request. Type a valid request before clicking find."

I've been trying to follow the steps I would use if I was entering all of this myself. (I even know that I can go into Date Due field and enter <// to get my overdue tasks.)

I'm spending way too much time on this little script (my tasks are losing out to my frustration!).

Thanks for any help. 

Outcomes