1 Reply Latest reply on Apr 8, 2011 9:15 AM by philmodjunk

Using e-mail script with outlook return back to FM script B 4 sending e-mail

BreckfmKetchum

Title

Using e-mail script with outlook return back to FM script B 4 sending e-mail

Greetings,

Checking out version 11 dang it is cool!  One problem I am running in too is that when I use the script send e-mail and I want to return back to file maker (without sending the e-mail) the script will not progress until I hit send the e-mail.  I don't want to send the e-mail until after I exit FM script and can do some manual editing to the e-mail.  Would be very sweet if this would work.  Thanks

Using windows XP

office Outlook 2007

Filemaker 11

Update:

Thanks but this doesn't resolve the issue.  I understand the boxes etc.  I want to contiue onto the next step in the script with out sending the e-mail.  The curser just stays in the e-mail until e-mail is sent.  I cant get the curser to go to the continue button until the e-mail is sent.  Thanks

• 1. Re: Using e-mail script with outlook return back to FM script B 4 sending e-mail
          philmodjunk

Please respond to your original post so that all concerned can read what has gone before. I was puzzled by this message until I remembered that you had posted this same question earlier.

You really need to read my last post on the original thread again.

You cannot do exactly what you want to do here. FileMaker will not allow you to.

I posted a work around that achieves the same result. Put your email information into fields such as a text field for the message body. You can review and edit these fields as much as you need to. Don't use send mail until you are ready to actually send the email. When you do use Send Mail, the Send Mail dialog or script step can use the text you've typed into these fields to create the email to be sent.