2 Replies Latest reply on Nov 13, 2014 9:17 AM by philmodjunk

Using Fields from a Related Table to Autofill Multiple Fields in the Same Table

ChadBarnard

Title

Using Fields from a Related Table to Autofill Multiple Fields in the Same Table

Sorry for the title, I didn't know how to sum if up.  Basically, I have a multi-tabbed table that includes information for one location.  For most of my locations, I have several gas dispensers at each location.

I have it set up so that I can select a brand, and in the next field, a drop-down menu would only have the dispenser model numbers associated w/ that brand for one dispenser.  Once the brand is selected all of the measurement fields are automatically filled out.

My question is how would I go about allowing someone to enter multiple dispenser models?  For instance, I have 3 tabs: MPD1, MPD2, MPD3.  I want to be able to select three different models on each tab, but have the information auto-fill without clashing w/ the fields in the other tabs. Since I'm pulling information from a field of a related table, I'm at a loss in how to separate the fields, so that when I select a model in MPD1, it doesn't autofill in MPD2.

Thanks for any help.