4 Replies Latest reply on Feb 19, 2010 3:11 PM by Leesue

using FileMaker to aggregate multiple pieces of information associated with a common record

Leesue

Title

using FileMaker to aggregate multiple pieces of information associated with a common record

Sorry for the long subject line... I'm trying to build a script that will allow me to pull together multiple pieces of information associated with a common record in a FM database, into a single field. For example, how would I pool together the information in the field "city" for a record with several cities associated with it (New York, San Francisco, and London), so that the "city" field associated with a particular customer's record will read "New York; San Francisco; London". There must be a way to use FM to create a file that could be exported as a CSV file and then re-integrated into the database in its combined form. Possibly using it to run a DOS command, but it's been a while since I've set one of those up.

I'm not sure I've explained it properly, but I would sure appreciate it if anyone out there has any suggestions.

Leesue