3 Replies Latest reply on Mar 26, 2010 10:31 AM by hiatts

Using FileMaker to control 4 other programs at once, sending each to a different monitor.

LakeMusicMan

Title

Using FileMaker to control 4 other programs at once, sending each to a different monitor.

I am developing a music presentation that uses audience participation. We will have a good number of songs projected so the audience can sing along. On another monitor a full score of music will be sent to the midi keyboard. Another monitor will be for the singers that just shows the words to the songs with notes of instruction showing along with the words. Another monitor will go to the bass, lead & rhythm guitars along with different help notes  on their copy. What is being sent to the various monitors and projectors may be coming from a word processing file, a jpg file, a PDF file or a music notation program. All of these programs are Mac versions and all files for a given song will need to be activated when one song is chosen. I would also like to be able to choose a variety of queries so that while we are performing one song I can switch queries that could be sorted by Key, Style of music subject of the music etc. My hope is that this can all be controlled through FileMaker.

I would appreciate any feed back that could help me pull this off in my effort to bring community together.

Dave