1 Reply Latest reply on Dec 15, 2008 7:16 AM by TSGal

Using FM Pro to operate a FedEx Windows computer

JamesM

Title

Using FM Pro to operate a FedEx Windows computer

I am using a FM database on a Mac to ship from a FedEx computer located on an internal network. Up to now I have been mounting a shared folder on the windows machine onto my Mac desktop and dropping the text file exported from FM in to that using a script. However, lately I have been getting a lot of error 43's and the folder has to be remounted regularly.  Is there a way of mapping the route to the shared folder in the script, thereby bypassing the need to mount the folder on the desktop at all.  I would appreciate any help.

• 1. Re: Using FM Pro to operate a FedEx Windows computer
          TSGal

JamesM:

Thank you for your post.

If you are receiving a -43 error on a shared Windows folder, there are two possible causes:

1. You do not have full read/write privileges to the server.  Check with the Server Admin to verify.

2. You have a file name with illegal characters.  That is, non-alphanumeric characters.

In ScriptMaker, you can create a script using the "Export Records" step that allows you to specify the output path.  The "Export Records" script step also adds a secondary (and tertiary, etc.) file path if the first path is not found.  FileMaker Pro will NOT open a shared folder.  That will need to be done either manually, or have your database file open another FileMaker database file on the shared server to open the shared server.

TSGal

FileMaker, Inc.