AnsweredAssumed Answered

Using FMP after free trial

Question asked by UnaMcIlvenna on Sep 29, 2011
Latest reply on Sep 30, 2011 by philmodjunk

Title

Using FMP after free trial

Hi,

After using the free trial of Bento (on Mac) for a few weeks, I have purchased the software through my university. This forum keeps saying that it should open my database once I input the license key, but it's not working like that for me. Instead I get a Filemaker Quick Start screen that asks me to open a database, and offers me 'Recent Files' and 'Favourite Files'. When I browse either of these I get a list of files to choose from but my bento ones are not available to be opened, even when I choose 'Show: All Available'. Or else I choose 'Show: Bento Data Source' and then it offers to convert my data to what looks like an excel spreadsheet, which I can't seem to view in the normal way. Help!

Would it have something to do with the fact that my uni purchased the software rather than going thru the bento trial I was already using? I did get a license key with which I opened Filemaker Pro, but when I try to open Bento and input the license key there it doesn't give me the option of clicking 'license key', ie I have to continue with the free trial.

Sorry if this is garbled.

Thanks, Una

Outcomes