2 Replies Latest reply on Jun 11, 2009 11:25 AM by mrvodka

using FMP10 advance file with earlier versions of FM

nader

Title

using FMP10 advance file with earlier versions of FM

Hello everyone.

I have a question I was wondering if a file made with FMP10 advance be used with earlier versions of FM like FM8. I an running a nursing home and trying to save money by buying the earlier versions of FM and use the current database file I have made in FMPro 10 advance with earlier versions of FM. Would that be possible? thanks everyone for reading.

• 1. Re: using FMP10 advance file with earlier versions of FM
          TSGal

Talimar:

Thank you for your post.

The file format for FileMaker Pro 7, 8, 9 and 10 are identical.  You will probably notice that the file extension is .fp7.

Yes, you can use FileMaker Pro 8 with files created in FileMaker Pro 10.  However, there are a number of extra features in FileMaker Pro 10 that are unavailable in FileMaker Pro 8, so you will not be able to use those new features when accessing the file with FileMaker Pro 8.

If you need additional clarification, please let me know.

TSGal

FileMaker, Inc. 

• 2. Re: using FMP10 advance file with earlier versions of FM
            mrvodka

yes, but obviously you wouldnt be able to use any features that were created after that version such as ESS, web viewer, objects, auto-resize, conditional formatting, script triggers, SMTP emails, any new functions since FM8 since as Self, List, etc etc etc.

*Edit - Sorry having network issues. I tried posting this over 30 minutes ago.