5 Replies Latest reply on Aug 24, 2011 4:09 PM by philmodjunk

using Get (TemporaryPath) in a file that is stored on server and accessed by MAC and Windows based...

Kat11_1

Title

using Get (TemporaryPath) in a file that is stored on server and accessed by MAC and Windows based clients

I have a field [File Path] set up in one of the files that calculates the temporary path and the name for the pdf file that will be saved there.

Field:   File::Fille Path

Calcualtion:

Choose ( Abs ( Get ( SystemPlatform ) )-1 ;
                     Get ( TemporaryPath ) & c_Customer Bill ID & ".pdf" ;
                     "filewin:" Get ( TemporaryPath ) & c_Customer Bill ID & ".pdf" )

This works if the file is stored on the same system (MAC based when the result is /Macintosh HD/private/var/folders/qc/qcBplEf6FeuINH08eFMXtk+++TM/-Tmp-/Cleanup At Startup/S11/005505-08-2011.pdf

but doesn't when the file is saved on a server (Windows and the result is /C:/WINDOWS/Temp/S13/00014470-08-2011.pdf) and than I try to save and accees this file via a MAC based client I get an error that  the file can't be saved to that disk.

Would that have to do with the client's access priviliges to the server. Maybe the client does not have access to that folder? Any suggestions how to work with that?

Screen_shot_2011-08-24_at_4.53.14_PM.png