This may make things clearer with my settings shown...
To eliminate the crashing you may want to create a new layout to eliminate any possible corruption of that layout.
Enter layout mode
Select the container field
Go to the Inspector's Data tab and select Top alignment on the DATA tab rather than the appearance tab.
Sliding should now work on this layout.
Thanks for the suggestions. I've changed it to Top alignment on the DATA tab but it still has the gap in between the items.
Also tried changing the Slide Up options on the Appearance tab with the above settings done.
Any more suggestions?
Sliding is only visible in preview mode or when you print/save as PDF. It doesn't happen in Browse mode.
Make sure that the bottom border of the container field does not touch/cross the boundary between the body layout part and the part that follows it.
Key facts about sliding layout objects:
- It's only visible in preview mode and when you print/save as PDF...
- Sliding fields will shrink but not expand.
- All layout objects below and in the same layout part as the slide/resize field need to also be set to slide up and resize.
- Objects in headers and footers will not slide.
- Portals will shrink/slide to fit the number of rows of records, but fields within the portal row will not shrink/slide.
- Fields will slide up only if Top alignment is specified for it and will slide left only if Left alignment is specified.
- Consistent side borders are difficult to achieve with sliding fields.
Thanks Phil - I resized the container by a few pixels in height and it works fine! It must have been going over the boundary by a pixel or so (as you can see it looks ok on the screenshot from before)...
And the crashing has stopped now!