AnsweredAssumed Answered

Using Insert From URL script for pictures, want to archive photos separately, open separately

Question asked by MichaelLawrence on Oct 17, 2012
Latest reply on Oct 22, 2012 by philmodjunk

Title

Using Insert From URL script for pictures, want to archive photos separately, open separately

I'm currently using a script included with FMP12 Advanced, 'Insert From URL' . It's capturing a picture from a live security video camera on my network.

As it is now, the pictures are getting stored inside the database. I'm fully aware that this is not an ideal situation for a vareity of reasons, but as it stands I can't figure out a way to make them save separately from the database. My records must be saved for 2 years from transaction date, but the photo doesn't have to be saved for more than three months.

My script currently looks like this: Insert From URL[No dialog; Invoices::Photo; "http://192.168.1.146/image/cam1"] .

Also, does anyone know an easier way to make this container object 'Photo' open in paint or some picture viewing software? Currently the best way to do it after the image is captured is to copy the image, and the paste into an new paint file.

Outcomes