You have one field, Vehicle Wanted that you want to link to data separated into three fields, Make, Model, Style in the other table.
Simplest solution would be to define three fields in customer as MakeWanted, ModelWanted and StyleWanted so that you can link the tables like this:
Customer::MakeWanted = Products::Make AND
Customer::ModelWanted = Products::Model AND
Customer::StyleWanted = Products::Style
Thank you, but how do you define the fields?
- Open Manage | Database | Fields
- Find the Customer table in the table drop down.
- Create these three fields, make sure that they have the same types as the matching fields in Products
- Click the Relationships tab
- Drag each of these fields from Customer to Products so that all three are linked.
- You may need to create a new table occurrence of Products if you already have a different relationship from customers to products that you don't want to change.
If "table occurrence" is a new term, this thread may help you understand what it means and how to use them in FileMaker: