2 Replies Latest reply on Sep 10, 2014 8:58 AM by RichNasser

Using List Function to Filter Portal

RichNasser

Title

Using List Function to Filter Portal

Hello

I've checked the forum to see if this was already answered and couldn't find anything.  

I have a table TASK with a global field that keeps the current workstation (

on the TASK layout I have a portal with EMPL using a cartesian join (task__EMPL) so all employees show up regardless of task.

I also have a table EMPSKILLSET that is related to the task__EMPL table where EmpID = EmpID - in this table employee #2 can have 3 skillsets A,B,C employee #1 can have B,C and so on - these skillsets (A B C etc) are the same as the workstation names

So on the portal, I want to filter by the global workstation (i.e. A) and only have empl #2 show up or workstation B and have emp 1 and emp 2 show up.

Currently, the portal filter is something like: TASK::gTask_List_Layout_PopUp_Menu = task__empl__EMPSKILLSET::_fkWkCtrID

and I've even tried

TASK::gTask_List_Layout_PopUp_Menu = List(task__empl__EMPSKILLSET::_fkWkCtrID)

but I get incomplete filtering (usually by n-1) 

Not sure how to craft the expression that will filter all portal rows that don't match the relationship

Thanks

• 1. Re: Using List Function to Filter Portal
          philmodjunk

Not sure how to craft the expression that will filter all portal rows that don't match the relationship

But you don't have a relationship based on the work center ID and that's the simplest way to do this.

Your global field, if defined in your Task table can be used as a match field to your Task__EMPL table (Occurrence?).

But how do you assign the same employee to more than one works station? There's more than one way to do that and I can't tell what method you used for that from your post.

And you might be able to filter for employee using the filtervalues function, but if you can use a direct relationship matching the global field's value to a field in the related table, it can display much more quickly than using a portal filter.

• 2. Re: Using List Function to Filter Portal
            RichNasser

But you don't have a relationship based on the work center ID and that's the simplest way to do this.

That is correct - so instead of using an EMPL (TO) I used an EMPSKILLSET TO  that was related to the global variable.  After all, if there is not a skill set associated with an employee, then they shouldn't be on the list anyways - thanks for helping to keep it simple!