2 Replies Latest reply on Sep 12, 2014 6:00 PM by WilliamFollansbee

Using numeric ENTER key(Windows) with button does not return user to correct field

WilliamFollansbee

Title

Using numeric ENTER key(Windows) with button does not return user to correct field

I have a layout setup for quickly entering customer payments. I have a script triggered OnLayoutLoad that puts the user in the correct field to enter a customer number. Each field used for data entry is set to use tab, return, or enter to move to the next field. The last move goes to a button that is setup to perform a script that goes to another layout, creates a new record, copies all the entered and calculated data to corresponding fields, and then returns to the original layout.

Most if not all the data entry will be done using the number pad so it makes sense that the enter key will be used to tab to fields and to activate the button. I found out that the button will not activate using the numeric enter key so I had to setup a script trigger on the button to use If[code(get(triggerkeystroke))=10] then it performs the copy script.

This all works, but the problem is when using the numeric enter key to activate the button, the script returns the user back to the original layout, but in the wrong field. It's putting the user into the 2nd field by tab order. This doesn't happen when using the mouse to click the button or using the RETURN key. I suspect that using the numeric enter key to activate the button is also tabbing the user out of the first field upon returning to the original layout.

Thanks

-Bill