3 Replies Latest reply on Feb 5, 2015 10:28 PM by StefanPostatny

Using parts of a field with * doesn't work as expected (Quick Find/Field Value)

StefanPostatny

Title

Using parts of a field with * doesn't work as expected (Quick Find/Field Value)

Dear FM Community,

I don't understand the way FM works in terms of "finding parts of a field value". Basically two problems:

1) What I have is a serial number with 10 digits. It looks e.g. like 2015010023. For a current DB only the last 4 digits change, so it would be great if I could make a Quick Find like "*123" that shows all records, which serial number ends with "123", no matter what numbers before.

But it doesn't work and I don't really know why? If I change into find mode, go into the serial number field and type the same thing "*123" it works brilliant. But not for Quick Find. Quick Find only works with the whole 10 digit numbers. Is there any workaround?

2) Same problem for "Hide Object when". Saying FIELDYXZ="*Example*" doesn't work, too. But why not? I would like to achieve that if the field's value is "Bla Example Bla" it will be hidden. What am I doing wrong?

Thank you very much in advance!