1 Reply Latest reply on Feb 1, 2013 7:27 AM by philmodjunk

Using Perform Find Script Step to Find Value from Value List

MegS

Title

Using Perform Find Script Step to Find Value from Value List

I'm trying to run a script that will perform a find and only use the data where a field (type), which uses a value list displayed in the form of a checker box, where a specific value (cs mailinglist) is checked off.  I'm not sure how to do this though.  I can get it to find and display data that matches a specific text field, but not a specific value from a value list.

(I'm sorry if my explanation is unclear, I'm trying to teach myself this software/working with databases in general in the process of taking over managing the database.)

Thanks

• 1. Re: Using Perform Find Script Step to Find Value from Value List
          philmodjunk

If you define the checkbox field as a global field, You can create a script similar to the ones in this thread: Scripted Find Examples

But the fact that this is a check box formatted field may complicate things a bit. If your field has more than one check box and you want to find records matching at least 1 check box value or another, a looping script has to loop through the selected values creating multiple find requests or performing a series of extend found set operations to find your records.