1 Reply Latest reply on Jan 26, 2012 1:04 PM by philmodjunk

Using portal for picking multiple items to add to form

ssp.columbus

Title

Using portal for picking multiple items to add to form

Hello,

I am using Filemaker Pro 11.  I have been working through the FM Training Series and am using the included files as a basis for designing my own database.  I have creater a "picker" window with a portal to select items to place into my database.  In the FTS_Meetings.fp7 example file the person_picker window is used to select people to add to the meeting form.  In this file it is possible to select mutiple rows in the portal.  As you click on a row it highlights and if you click a second time it removes the highlight.  After selecting the people to add to the meeting you click the "Add" button which runs the script to add the people to the meeting.

In my database I have set up the "picker" window the same way.  I have a portal and the same "add" and "cancel" buttons.  However, when I click on the portal row it highlights, but it does not highlight all the rows I have selected.  Only the last selected row is highlighted.  I can not find any scripts or buttons that would allow for selecting multiple rows.  Can anyone tell me how to do this or what step I may have missed?

I have attached a screen shot of the "picker" window.

Thanks,

Sherri

Screen_Shot_2012-01-26_at_3.54.48_PM.png

• 1. Re: Using portal for picking multiple items to add to form
          philmodjunk

Not having the FTS book in front of me at this time, I can't double check this, but would assume that the fields in this portal in the picker window run a script when clicked. As a guess, such a script probably updates another field or variable that stores a list of values by inserting or removing a selected value when you click the portal row. conditional formatting would then supply the highlighting shown.

You should be able to find the layout used for this pop up, enter layout mode and double click the fields in the portal to open up a specify button dialog that will tell you what script is doing this so that you can open it up and see how it works.