AnsweredAssumed Answered

Using portals to display a list of records from the same file

Question asked by ClayHarrison on Oct 11, 2011
Latest reply on Oct 18, 2011 by ClayHarrison

Title

Using portals to display a list of records from the same file

I am new to FM11.  I used FM5 quite a bit serveral years ago and many things have changed in the program.  I am still trying to get my head around using table relationships that relate to the same table.  I have a table that tracks project leads for marketing.  I have one layout that displays all of the information for a single lead.  I was wanting to create a portal on a different tab that would list all of the project leads meeting a certain criteria (such as "Hot Lead" in the field Lead Status).

I setup a new calculation field in the table called Hot List Key and defined it as ="Hot Lead".  I then created a table relationship with the main table "Leads" and a new table occurrence called "Hot List" and defined it as "Lead Status" = "Hot List Key".  I then put the fields I wanted to display in the portal from this new table occurence.  The problem is that is lists all of the projects and does not filter them to only show "Hot Leads".  I am sure I don't have this right, but I can't see the problem.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Outcomes