1 Reply Latest reply on Jun 12, 2012 6:27 AM by philmodjunk

Using Portals to Display Address

MeganRyan

Title

Using Portals to Display Address

I'm using my database to record travel for our office which contains four different types of activities each maintained in their own table. These tables all share a common trip name. I'm attempting to create a layout that shows all activities expected for any given trip name. Since there can be several records from each table, I'm attempting to use portals but I would like the activities to appear in an Agenda style lay out rather than one row for each record. 

For example:

Day, Date, Time

Address

City, State, Zip

Day, Date, Time

Address

City, State, Zip

Since all these fields are tied to one record I don't believe I can change the inital row to adjust this layout. 

What is the best approach to creating this layout? 

• 1. Re: Using Portals to Display Address
          philmodjunk

Portals default to a 'mini table' like layout when you first create them, but you can then modify them to resemble "mini-forms" instead.

Click the portal (not a field in the portal row) to select it while in layout mode.

Grab a selection handle and drag dow to resize the portal row to be taller than just one row of fields. You will also likely need to open portal setup and reduce the number of rows visible at one time in the portal so that your resized portal doesn't extend off the layout.

Now you can reposition fields as needed within this larger portal row. (And you can use the field tool to add more fields to the portal if that is needed.)