3 Replies Latest reply on Dec 19, 2014 2:09 PM by SteveMartino

Using Print Setup and Print script steps in the same script

john9210

Title

Using Print Setup and Print script steps in the same script

FM 12. If both the Print Setup and Print script steps are used in the same script, must both be set to the same orientation? Or will the Print step automatically print to the orientation specified in Print Setup?

• 1. Re: Using Print Setup and Print script steps in the same script
          SteveMartino

Did you try it?  Does it always work? I guess a better question would be why would you do that?  I would think they should both be the same

• 2. Re: Using Print Setup and Print script steps in the same script
            john9210

The reason I tried it is because I was trying to setup a script that would print either in portrait or landscape, depending on a script paramter. Each time I set the orientation in one print step, the orientation in the other print step would change to the same orientation! So I decided to use a master script that called print sub-scripts. Same problem. When I set the orientation in one sub-script, the orientation automatically changed in the other sub-script! So I added the Print setup step in each sub-script and this seems to have solved the problem. I can't find an explanation to this behavor any where. Any ideas why this happens?

• 3. Re: Using Print Setup and Print script steps in the same script
              SteveMartino

Can you post your script.  I seem to only have a problem when I don't use both Print Setup & Print, with matching parameters.

Are you calling the subscript more then once?

I would think doing it dynamically, you would still need to branch to a Print Setup (for landscape), Print (for landscape OR Print Setup (portrait), Print (portrait) script steps. For example:

If (Get(scriptparameter) = "Portrait"

Print Setup (pick options for portrait)

Print (pick options for portrait)

Else

Print Setup (pick options for landscape)

Print (pick options for landscape)

End If