1 Reply Latest reply on Jan 26, 2009 12:02 PM by TSGal

Using saved scripts when accessing a file via web sharing

StevenLight

Title

Using saved scripts when accessing a file via web sharing

I just upgraded to FM 10 and am trying to use Web Sharing for the first time. I have a lot of Scripts configured in my DB (finds, sorts, etc.). Is it possible for someone to use them when accessing the DB via Web Sharing? I don't see them available anywhere.

Thanks.

• 1. Re: Using saved scripts when accessing a file via web sharing
          TSGal

Steven Light:

Thank you for your post.

On your layout, FileMaker Pro gives you the ability to create a graphic object and make it a button, and buttons can be applied sto scripts.  For example, go into Layout Mode (View menu) and use the oval tool to draw a circle on the layout.  Select the oval, pull down the Format menu and select "Button Setup..."   In the next dialog box, on the left side under "Control", the first listing is Perform Script.  When you select this option, click "Specify..." on the right side, and select the script you want applied to this button.  When done, go to Browse Mode, and click the button.  Your script will execute.  This button will then also work via Web Sharing.

If you need clarification for any of the above steps, please let me know.

TSGal

FileMaker, Inc.