1 Reply Latest reply on Mar 26, 2010 2:56 PM by philmodjunk

Using scripts across files (and online)?

erob

Title

Using scripts across files (and online)?

Hey guys,

I'm wondering what the limitations to using scripts across multiple files are. All I seem to be able to do is open up a file but I can't insert text or results into the other file. Am I missing something?

Also, how do these features translate on with IWP? If I have 2 files published with the same privileges I still can't seem to even switch over, which is all I could do offline as well.

Thanks all!

Rob

• 1. Re: Using scripts across files (and online)?
          philmodjunk

I'm not an expert with IWP, so will leave that part of your question to others....

You have two basic options for using your scripts across multiple files:

Option 1: Write the script in the second file that does the changes you need. Use a Perform Script step in the first file to call the script in the second file. You can pass data to the second script in a parameter.

Option 2: In File 1, define a relationship linking a table in file 2 in your relationship graph (Manage | Database | Relationships). You can add a new Table occurence, double click it and use Add Filemaker Data Source to select a table in file 2. Now you can manipulate the data in this table from file 2 just as though it was a table defined in file 1.