2 Replies Latest reply on Jan 14, 2015 11:44 AM by philmodjunk

Using search operators in a scripted find

jwollberg

Title

Using search operators in a scripted find

Hi,

I am having an issue using search operators in a scripted find request. I am attempting to search records using the asterisk (*) so that the user does not have to enter the EXACT criteria. When I use the asterisk during a manual find, it works as expected. However, when I perform the same actions through a script, it returns zero results. The script is golden otherwise. Without the asterisk, and with the exact criteria, it returns the expected result.

Any assistance here would be awesome. I'm mostly self-taught, and I know it's something simple that I'm missing.

To use a simple example, the goal is to return JOE, JOHN, JOAN, etc. when the user provides "JO". ("JO" becomes "*JO" when setting the variable.)

Thanks!

P.S. I have tried this through the "perform find" script step using a variable as the search criteria, as well as through scripted navigation to the layout, entering find mode, setting field, and performing find. Both yield the zero results when using the asterisk.