AnsweredAssumed Answered

Using Set Field to pull information from two FM files

Question asked by marketg on Aug 6, 2010
Latest reply on Aug 16, 2010 by marketg

Title

Using Set Field to pull information from two FM files

Having a problem figuring this out. Have looked around the forums and have not found anyone else with this problem. Using Filemaker 10 currently.

I have File_A.fp7 and File_B.fp7 (not using tables). They both have a relation to each other via and ID  number. File_A has multiple records of product sizes (QT, 1G, ect.) File_B has one record with a script that will loop through File_A data and pull over information from each record in the loop and evaluate it. Problem is, using the SET FIELD command in a script in File_B, it always only pulls over the data in the first record, even though I can watch the script loop to the next record (the loop script is in File_A).

To give an actual example:

File_A has three records: Record one "QT", Record two "1G" and Record three "5G". File_A script starts and goes to the first record, then begins the loop. Begining of the loop says to perform script in File_B.

File_B then says. SET FIELD shipping size to be File_A shipping size of "QT". Then it passes back to File_A script to loop to the second record. File_B then says to SET FIELD shipping size to be File_A shipping size of "1G"....and this is the problem.... it never sets anything but the first record of "QT"........

Here is my script step in File_B:

Set Field [File_B::Set Field Size; File_A::Field Size]

Funny part is this all works fine in Filemaker 7, LOL...... it stopped working so trying to figure out why it won't work in Filemaker 10.

Thanks for any help!

Outcomes