4 Replies Latest reply on Mar 4, 2014 7:10 PM by SteveMartino

Using Summary fields in a portal (average)

SteveMartino

Title

Using Summary fields in a portal (average)

Hello forum  (Phil).    I have a summary field (average) in a portal.  It obviously averages one field of the portal records.   The problem I would like to solve, is if the field is 0, which happens sometimes with the first portal record, the average of, lets say 5 records, includes the zero, which i do not want.  It throws the average off. What I would like it to do is ignore 0  (zero) values, if possible, but I don't want to omit the record from the portal. 

I also have 2 other summary fields  Min, and Max.  Max is fine, but minimum can also contain a zero, which I would also like to remove from the minimum summary field calculation.

The only workaround I currently use is to put 2 more fields on the portal GlobalStart and GlobalEnd, which via a script I go to a new layout, and show a report of all the related records, min, max and average, based on a found set  (that I can omit the records with the zero.

I would like to avoid  going to the new layout and just show the proper minimum, maximum and average on the portal.

Any thoughts  or suggestions would be greatly appreciated..

Thanks

Steve