AnsweredAssumed Answered

Using the "Hide Object When" field in Inspector.

Question asked by IanH. on Nov 16, 2014
Latest reply on Nov 16, 2014 by IanH.

Title

Using the "Hide Object When" field in Inspector.

Hi all,

This seems like it should be a basic question but for some reason I am having an issue here.

Basic set up:

I have a table called Biz Tracker with 5 fields in it.

One of the fields is called "Activity". The result from the "Activity" field is a drop down box with 10 possible responses. Two of the possible responses are, "L Appointment" and "B Appointment". 

Based on the response I want a second list to appear if 'either' of those two responses are selected:

E.G. If "L Appointment" or "B Appointment" is selected I want another drop down box to appear that is called, "Source of appointment". The result will then require a selection from a pop up menu. I.E. Select from "prospecting",  "Cold Call" .... etc. 

I have used the following argument in the "Hide object when" field in the inspector:

Biz tracker data entry::Activity  ≠ "B Appointment" or Biz tracker data entry::Activity  ≠ "L Appointment"

For some reason I can only get the first argument in the string above to cause the second drop down box to appear. I.E. If I select "B Appointment" the second drop down box appears, if I select "L Appointment" it doesn't. 

I'm having a blank, any help greatly appreciated. 

Outcomes