2 Replies Latest reply on Jun 28, 2012 10:35 AM by philmodjunk

Using upgrades

JoshuaKinsella

Title

Using upgrades

Hi there,

I have Filemaker pro 8.5 and I wish to upgrade to a newer version such as 11. Will I have to buy 11 fresh or can I buy the upgrade package? also do you need to have 8.5 installed on a machine to use the upgrade or is it just sort of based on licenses? How would I ho about obtaining the licenses for 11 after the upgrade or can you just keep the licenses used with 8.5?

Sorry about the bombardment of questions its just filemaker are very unhelpful on any versions previous to 12!

Thanks in advanced

Josh

• 1. Re: Using upgrades
          davidanders

Filemaker typically discontinues selling previous versions very soon after a new version release.

Upgrades are offered for a limited time after a new release for the more recent FMP versions.

Currently ver 12 offers an Upgrade for $180
          If you have FileMaker Pro 11, 10 or 9, you are eligible for upgrade pricing on FileMaker Pro 12. Please review details below before purchasing.

If you have

You are eligible to

FileMaker Pro 11 Purchase upgrade version.
          FileMaker Pro 10 Purchase upgrade version.
          FileMaker Pro 9 Purchase upgrade version - ends September 27, 2012.
          FileMaker Pro 8.5 or earlier Purchase full version.

Finding a license or FMP on ebay or such is not very easy (did the search many times).

• 2. Re: Using upgrades
            philmodjunk

Last I heard, FileMaker still offers a 'downgrade' option to purchase Filemaker 11.