AnsweredAssumed Answered

Using Web Publishing for Customer Approval

Question asked by DylanMajka on Aug 13, 2015
Latest reply on Dec 7, 2016 by philmodjunk

Title

Using Web Publishing for Customer Approval

Hi everybody,

A little background about the current process...  When a customer places an order over the phone, it is entered into our FMP solution, and then a form is sent to the customer by e-mail to be printed out, signed, and faxed back with their signature or any changes they want to make to the order.

I am not yet very familiar with web publishing.  I was wondering if instead of sending the customer a PDF of that layout for them to print out, write on, and send back, if there is a way to send them a URL of this layout that through web publishing, they could access the database themselves and initial/write comments directly on the layout.

I know that it is possible through web publishing, but is it possible to limit their access enough so that they literally only have access to writing in select fields on the layout.  I don't want them to be able to access any other records in the database, create/delete new records, or anything that isn't writing their initials in a box or two to approve the order for processing.  How doable is this and does anybody currently have a system in place that they feel comfortable giving customers direct access to?

Outcomes