1 Reply Latest reply on Dec 18, 2013 1:02 PM by DerekCosta

Using XMPP URI within Filemaker

DerekCosta

Title

Using XMPP URI within Filemaker

Hello,

My database is nearing completion, and I have hit one final hole in the road:  I cannot get the xmpp URI to work properly.  

Example:  in Mail, a website, or any other application, i can create a link "xmpp:person@im.company.com" that opens a new Jabber message in the default IM application.  

In Filemaker, I tried Open URL [No dialog; "xmpp:" & ActiveCases::JabberAddress"  - this doesn't work, it only launches my default browser and the anti-phishing warning appears.  

I also tried Send Event ["Messages.app"; "misc"; "disc"; "xmpp:" & ActiveCases::JabberAddress"   - this opens the messages app, but does not create a new message.  

I also tried the above, but changed the type to URI with no luck.

I thought about using AppleScript, but I do not know how to use that to tell Messages to open a new application to an address based on the contents of a field in the database.  

Any thoughts?    Thanks!

• 1. Re: Using XMPP URI within Filemaker
          DerekCosta

OK, so I found a work around.  The trick was to set up a web viewer set to about:blank, and then use scripting to set the URI to xmpp:addresshere, and then reset the web viewer as the next step in the script.  

I'll roll with this unless there is a better way you know of!

Thanks!